Digital employers need professionals with advanced digital skills, and the digital-based job market offers an exciting array of rewarding opportunities. Equivalent to two years of a university degree, this employment-focused HND Computing for England taught at Bolton College gives you the chance to develop the work-ready and future-proof digital skills that employers demand.
Our Level 5 HND in Computing for England can help turn your interest in technology into a rewarding career in the digital sector. This approved Higher Technical Qualification (HTQ) focuses on developing your digital and transferable knowledge and skills, ready to impress employers or continue with further study. The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education (IfATE) approved the course as meeting occupational standards. This stamp of quality shows that the course has been developed in collaboration with industry-leading employers to produce business-ready graduates prepared for the ever-evolving digital sector.
Throughout the course, our dedicated experts will guide you to gain in-demand knowledge and understanding with cutting-edge practical and professional skills. This exciting qualification delivers learning on artificial intelligence, web development, cloud computing and games development with the use of VR technologies, alongside a range of the latest high-tech equipment, including walking robots, a six-legged spider robot, robotic arms and 3D AI software. This HND Computing for England course is taught by Bolton College on behalf of the University of Bolton.
- This approved HTQ provides opportunities for you to progress towards achieving eligibility for professional body membership and vendor certifications with organisations such as the BCS, CompTIA, CISCO, Microsoft, Huawei, Oracle and AXELOS.
- The computer suites at Bolton College offer up-to-date, high-specification equipment and software.
- We’ll encourage you to undertake a work placement during the summer break. This is recommended but is not a course requirement.
- Upon successfully completing this programme, you’ll be awarded the Higher National Diploma in Computing for England qualification by the University of Bolton.
- Bolton College scores highly in student satisfaction surveys for its HE provision, and we take pride in offering you the opportunity to learn from our industry-experienced staff.
- Bolton NHS Trust are endorsing our Higher Technical Qualifications which means that they are offering a direct link to employment post studying with us. Keep updated on their digital roles by following the link below:
- You’ll have the chance to participate in project trips to gain first-hand experience in the industry and gain knowledge and insights from guest speakers during class time.
- This cutting-edge HTQ course offers essential and in-demand computing and digital knowledge alongside vital academic and employability skills. Focused on equipping you for a career in the digital sector, it also prepares you for higher-level study, including a full degree programme or degree apprenticeship.
- Dedicated to continuous learning and development within the digital sector, our staff foster a culture of innovation and continuous learning to ensure they’re always at the forefront of digital trends, developments and practices.
- Our student-centred approach to teaching and learning means we’ll work with you individually, providing tailored help and support throughout your studies.
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop and enhance crucial skills such as communication, teamwork, organising and planning, numeracy, problem-solving, flexibility and adaptability, action planning, self-awareness, initiative, personal impact and confidence, environmental sustainability, and social, public and ethical responsibility.
HTQs open up an exciting world of opportunity, empowering you for the future. It’s ideal if you’re seeking a career in the digital sector or wish to progress to the final year of a computing-related honours degree or degree apprenticeship. If you’re already working in the digital sector, you can use this HND to upskill or retrain, acquiring valuable digital experience and gaining vital new skills to support your career progression.
This qualification was developed in close collaboration with experts from employers, vendors and professional bodies to ensure you gain the skills and knowledge you’ll need to succeed in the future. Your learning will be rooted in the real world so that you leave the course as a work-ready graduate with the professional skills and behaviours that employers need.
Holders of the Higher National Diploma in Computing for England are eligible for Associate Membership of the BCS. The BCS represents IT professionals both in the UK and internationally and is a member organisation of CEPIS (Council of European Professional Informatics Societies).